Faculty Demographics Dashboard
Click here for guidance on accessing this dashboard using assistive technology.
Further information on accessibility features is available here.
Download this dashboard as a PDF.
To see this data as a table, either right click on a graph and select "Show as a table" or, if using keyboard navigation, focus on a graph and press Alt-Shift-F11.
This dashboard is also available at Yale's Faculty Development & Diversity website.
The race/ethnicity and gender composition of the applicant/nominee pool is required under applicable laws and regulations of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Federal Race / Ethnicity Categories:
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintain cultural identification through tribal affiliation or community attachment.
- A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Black or African American
- A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
- Hispanic or Latino
- A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
- A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
Notes on Rank:
In 2007, the Faculty of Arts and Sciences adjusted its tenure and promotions process in response to recommendations by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences Tenure and Promotions Committee. The report is available here.